Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Do you Want something or Desire something?

I speak with a lot of people who say that they want to have a work at home business. There are lots of things that we "want". Even though "want" and "desire" are essentially the same - the word desire has more passion to it. Want sounds like you can take it or leave it. "I want to make more money". "I want to lose weight" etc.

Usually what this means is "I wish I could snap my finges and have a truck full of money land on my front yard" or "I want to lose weight - I'll start tomorrow after I eat this pie". (I would NEVER actually say this myself). :-)

Lots of wants and no action to back it up. Without action, your wants are going to just be fantasies. You will wake up to the same wishes and wants every morning with no progress in any of them - this leads to a life of frustration.

If you truly DESIRE something, you have to light a fire under yourself and go for it! Desire can fade at times - we sometimes have to throw wood on it to keep the belief and desire strong.

I intensify myself with reading inspirational material, as well as with visualization. I feel myself at my goal, rather than just thinking about it. Emotion and feeling carry much more power.

Try it yourself - rationally think about how nice it would be to have the freedom to do whatever you want with your life whenever you feel like doing it. Then sit down, shut your eyes and really feel how great it would be. Let your feelings and emotions take over. No job, no commutes and no financial worries. How would that feel?

You can have that if you truly desire it!

Turn the powerless "wants" into definite desires, backed with action, and watch your life soar!

Kathy Talkin
http://www.lifewithoutlimitsnow.com/
"The Past Does Not Equal the Future"

No comments: